Protect yourself from unexpected expenses with affordable warranty protection that covers more than the manufacturer’s coverage and lasts as long as you need it.
The miles can add up but the repair costs don’t have to!
MEMBER’S CHOICE® Mechanical Repair Coverage can help deflect some risk of costly repairs keeping your vehicle running extra miles and extra years. With different coverage levels and deductibles to choose, there’s a plan to fit your family’s budget.
Whether you depend on your vehicle for work or getting your family to school and activities, you need transportation that’s safe and reliable. The older your vehicle, the more it takes to keep it in good working order. Not making small repairs can lead to even more expensive repairs and ignoring other repairs can be dangerous.
Benefits of the program*:
- Good at any authorized repair facility in the U.S. or Canada
- Rental reimbursement: up to $35 per day for 5 days (or 10 days for a parts delay) from day one.
- 24-hour emergency roadside assistance: up to $100 per occurrence. Includes towing, battery jump start, fluid delivery, flat tire assistance and lock-out service.
- Travel expense reimbursement: up to $500 for lodging, food and rental expense when a covered breakdown occurs more than 100 miles from home.
- Transferable: if you sell your vehicle privately, the coverage can be transferred for a fee, adding resale value and appeal.
- Cancelable: receive a full refund within the first 60 days or a pro-rated refund thereafter less an administrative fee.
- No out of pocket expense at time of mechanical repair: (except for any deductible and any repairs not covered by the policy)–the covered repair is paid directly to the authorized repair facility by the plan.
- Ask about deductible options
*Program details may vary by state.
To research, compare and buy Mechanical Repair Coverage, ask a CVFCU Loan Officer or if you don’t have Mechanical Repair Coverage on your vehicle simply visit https://creditunion.forevercar.com/centralvirginiafcu Or call 866-631-9205 for a quote.
MEMBER’S CHOICE® Mechanical Repair Coverage is administered by Consumer Program Administrators, Inc. in all states except AK and CA, where coverage is administered by Virginia Surety Company, Inc., in WA, where coverage is administered by Automotive Warranty Services, Inc., in FL, LA , OK and WI, where coverage is administered by Automotive Warranty Services of Florida, Inc. (Florida License #60023) and in AZ, where the Obligor and Administrator is Consumer Program Administrators, Inc., all located at 175 West Jackson Blvd., Chicago Illinois 60604, 1-800-752-6265. This coverage is made available to you by CUNA Mutual Insurance Agency, Inc. In those states where MEMBER’S CHOICE® Mechanical Repair Coverage is offered as insurance (form MCCU-001-MBI) it is underwritten by Virginia Surety Company, Inc. MRC-1113-712C, © CUNA Mutual Group 2018
Guaranteed Asset Protection
If your car is stolen or declared a total loss, GAP coverage can "fill the gap" between what your insurance pays and what you owe on your loan. Most new vehicles depreciate faster than the balance that is owed on your loan, especially during the first two years of the vehicle’s life. If the unthinkable happens and your vehicle is declared a total loss or unrecovered theft loss, you may be responsible for the difference between the cash value that your insurance company pays for the vehicle and the balance due on your loan.
That’s where GAP (Guaranteed Asset Protection) can kick in. GAP coverage will help cancel the difference between the primary insurance settlement and what you may still owe.
To learn more, please contact your loan officer today at (434) 528-9016 or (800) 335-0069.
Your purchase of MEMBER’S CHOICE Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) is optional and will not affect your application for credit or the terms of any credit agreement required to obtain a loan. Certain eligibility requirements, conditions, and exclusions may apply. Please contact your loan representative, or refer to the Member Agreement for a full explanation of the terms of GAP. If you choose GAP, adding the product fee to your loan amount will increase the cost of GAP. You may cancel the protection at any time. If you cancel protection within 90 days you will receive a full refund of any fee paid. You will receive additional information before you are required to pay the fee for this product.